1 tbsp sea salt
1. grate the carrots
2. finely slice and chop the cabbage
3. massage the veggies with the salt
4. pack it all in and weight it down (I used rocks) so it submerges below the level of the briny juice
5. let it sit on the counter for a week or two, skim off any foam that appears
6. when the veggies have fermented to your liking, put a lid on it and stick it in the fridge.
The verdict? Good. I like it. My son looooves the purple sauerkraut. I think a savoy kraut sans carrot would be a great choice next time.