Spoiled Rotten Kid wants this ice-cream as part of his post-op recovery. And what Spoiled Rotten Kid wants, Spoiled Rotten Kid gets. This is a pretty wonderful, creamy, chocolatey pleasure, and is an enduring favourite in our household.
2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup coconut oil (3/4 cup)
1 cup dates (pitted or take the pits out)
1/2 cup coconut nectar
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup raw cacao
1 can coconut milk
1. combine the ingredients in a bowl not including the cacao and coconut milk, and allow to stand for a while to fully soften the dates
2. once the dates are soft, and the coconut oil is melted, use your hand blender to create a smooth concoction. If you have no hand blender, use your jar blender. If you have no jar blender, maybe this recipe is not for you.
3. once the mixture is fully incorporated and beautifully smooth, add the cacao and coconut milk, and blend again
4. allow to cool and then chill
5. freeze according to your ice cream freezer's manufacturers instructions.