The goal was to make these as nutritionally dense a possible, and super yummy.
These ticked all the boxes.
I combine black bean flour, cacao, shredded coconut, tapioca flour, and oat bran. These may not be traditional flours, but each one brings something excellent to the flavour, texture, and nutritional punch of these muffins. Because they are wheat and gluten free, as well as nut free, they are a pretty safe bet for an on-the-go snack.
Bonus: they mixed up in just a few minutes, so they were into and out of the oven in a hurry.
muffin tray or silicone muffin cups and baking sheet
1/4 cup black bean flour
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup tapioca flour
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup oat bran
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp tonka bean powder (Optional)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 cup avocado oil
1 cup water
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
preheat the oven to 345
1. combine the ingredients from a) and b) in a bowl, and mix really well.
2. add the ingredients from c) and combine. I like to use a whisk!
3. stir in the chocolate chips (d)
4. scoop the batter into 12 muffin cups
5. bake at 345 for 35 minutes
6. cool and remove from tray/cups
7. store in the fridge in an airtight container