I like the brightness of the lemon with the sweetness of the date. I find these muffins to be a nice little good morning breakfast shout out. If I weren't using juice from a bottle, I'd definitely add a little zest of the lemon to get things even more exciting. But as they stand: terrific!
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 (- 3/4) tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground vanilla
1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
1/2 cup flax meal
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1 cup shredded coconut
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup chopped honey dates (pitted)
1. preheat the oven to 345
2. combine the warm water and coconut oil
3. add the lemon juice and beaten eggs
4. stir in the sea salt, vanilla, and cinnamon
5. add the flax meal, hemp seeds, shredded coconut, and almond flour. Add the baking soda
6. stir in the chopped dates
7. scoop the mixture into 24 prepared muffin cups and bake at 345 for 30 minutes
8. bake until they spring back when lightly poked
9. cool in the cups for 5 minutes or more before removing to a wire rack.
10. store in the fridge in an airtight container when completely cool.