1 cup water
1 tsp honey
2 tsp yeast
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
2 cups kamut flour
1/4 cup ground chia seeds
1. combine the dry ingredients in a bowl
2. mix the honey into water that is just warmer than your finger (bath temp should be fine)
3. mix in the yeast and let it proof
4. pour the slurry onto the dry ingredients and knead until the dough is nice and elastic and has that slightly clammy feeling that we like so well. I use Obsidian Betelgeuse for this (my electric mixer), but it can all be done by hand.
5. divide the dough into 18 equal portions, and form each one into a stick
6. allow to rise then bake at 345 for 20 minutes
For rising, I cover the tray with a piece of parchment paper covered by a wet tea towel. This keeps the dough from drying out as it rises. I like to let bread dough rise in a closed oven with the light on. This generates enough heat to keep the dough rising and happy.