I very much enjoyed the cookie bars that I made yesterday, and judging by the fact that my son ate about 6 of them, they are delicious to him as well. However, I think I'd like them a little chocolate-y-er, but without adding any chocolate chips. So, here goes!! Extra cacao, extra carob, and extra vanilla. Yum!
1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
1 cup water
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp ground vanilla bean
1/2 tsp sea salt
4 tbsp raw cacao
6 tbsp carob powder
1/4 cup ground chia seeds
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 to 1 cup raisins
optional additions: chocolate chips, cinnamon, cacao nibs, goji berries ...
1. combine the coconut oil, warm water, coconut sugar, vanilla bean, sea salt, cacao, and carob powder (if you are using cinnamon, add it now)
2. add the finely ground chia and flax seeds
3. stir in the shredded coconut
4. add in the sunflower seeds and hemp seeds
5. stir in the raisins (if you are using chocolate chips/chunks, goji berries or cacao nibs, add them now)
6. flatten onto a lined baking sheet, maintaining nice edges, and score into pieces
mine was about 9 inches by 14 inches, and I flattened it down onto a silicone mat on a baking sheet by pressing it into shape with my hands (I covered the dough with a piece of baking parchment before pressing. I scored it into 36 pieces (6 x 6)
7. bake for about 30 minutes at 345 in the middle/upper part of your oven
8. allow to cool, then cut through fully using a big sharp knife.