We get these awesome sweet potatoes from a farmer named George down at St. Lawrence Farmer's market. They are the asian kind with fuchsia skin and firm white flesh. Our faves. They stay quite dry and firm, instead of getting as soft as the orange ones most people are more familiar with.
(scale to weigh sweet potatoes if you are obsessive enough)
spoon for stirring!!
600 g sweet potatoes scrubbed and cut into bacon strips -- Asian sweet potatoes work best for this
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tbsp mesquite powder
1/2 tsp sea salt.
1. scrub 'em and cut 'em.
Most of mine were large, so I cut them into half through the diameter, then cut each half into the narrowest half on the length of it. I then sliced each piece thinly -- about 3 mm.
2. melt some coconut oil in a big bowl
3. put the thin slices of sweet potato into the bowl and toss it in the coconut oil. I used my hands
4. add the seasoning, then toss thoroughly
5. lay 'em out in a single layer on a baking sheet that is line with parchment paper or a silicone mat
6. bake 'em on 2 trays for 40 minutes, switching the position of the trays half way through the baking