(or cook in a large pot on the stove, no prob)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 cups green cabbage, finely diced
2 cups uncooked green lentils, rinsed
2 cups chopped celery hearts
2 cups diced carrot
4 dried shiitake mushrooms
4 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp herbe de provence
1 tsp cumin
8 cups water
1. layer all ingredients in order listed -- that's my crockpot secret for you.
1 cup gluten flour
1/2 cup chickpea flour
1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder (or sea salt, herbs, and seasonings to your taste e.g. 1/2 tsp sea salt, some marjoram, basil or oregano, some chili powder or garlic powder etc -- I was in a hurry hence the bouillon powder)
1 1/2 cup water
1. combine chickpea flour, gluten flour and seasonings, and mix well
2. add water and mix well
4. roll flat, and place on top of other ingredients in crockpot.
1. cook the concoction on high in crock pot for 5 hours
2. remove the seitan and cut into cubes
3. remove the mushrooms and cut into pieces
4. return the mushrooms and seitan to the crockpot, stir, and let cook for 1 final hour
This is a dish that tastes great the next day. It's really good as soon as it's made, but don't worry about making it ahead if that's more convenient.
Also would be great with some crusty bread for soaking up any residual (and delicious) broth.