Tuesday's visit to the inaugural 2011 Farmer's Market at East York Civic Center netted some on the vine, chemical free tomatoes from one of our fav vendors -- Hillsview Farms. They get a jump on the season by bringing some early spring produce, as well as some items from their greenhouses. I sauced some of our lovely tomatoes today, with some garlic, onion, and carrot, and the resulting sweet rich sauce went into our pumpkin pie, as well as these little cuties. These little cuties are pretty intensely full of flavour, and pack a nutritional punch with almond flour, flax meal, chia seeds, and of course the yummy yummy sauce.
2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
1 cup sauce, pureed
2 organic eggs
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tbsp oregano
1/2 tbsp marjoram
1/4 cup flax meal
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp coconut flour
preheat the oven to 345
1. combine the first three ingredients. It helps if your sauce is still a teensy bit warm, because then it will melt the coconut oil
2. stir in the salt, nutritional yeast, oregano, and marjoram
3. add in your flax meal and chia seeds
4. stir in the almond flour
5. add the baking soda
6 stir in the coconut flour
7. scoop the batter into prepared muffin cups
8. bake in a preheated oven at 345 for 30 minutes
makes 12 muffins. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They will stay moist and tasty for days.
When my husband ate one, his eyes rolled back in his head. I think he is now a zombie. I hope not. The CDC warned about this.