150 g fresh organic spinach
1 organic egg
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 chia seeds finely ground
1 1/2 cups kamut flour
1. in a food processor, puree the spinach.
2. add the egg and puree
3. add the sea salt, chia seeds, and almond meal, and combine
4. add 1 1/2 cups kamut flour, and pulse to combine.
5. gather the dough into a ball, flatten, wrap, and set aside to 'rest'.
6. divide the dough into 4 parts
7. roll each part on a mat sprinkled with kamut flour, using a rolling pin sprinkled with kamut flour.
8. if the dough is too sticky, add more kamut flour
9. roll the dough out until it is nice and thin
10. make sure the surface is well sprinkled with kamut flour, and roll it up
11. set the roll aside and repeat with the other portions of dough
12. once all the portions of dough have been rolled up, cut them into spirals using a sharp chef's knife or bread knife (I prefer a bread knife because the serrated blade makes this task easier)
13. uncoil the spirals and lay them out
14. put the noodles in boiling water spiked with a little oil, and cook for 2 minutes.
15. drain the noodles, and toss with coconut oil and a couple of table spoons of toasted sesame seeds
Ready to roll
|Green noodle dough with chia seeds. What country does this look like?|
Three rolled up portions of dough
Cutting them efficiently with a serrated blade
Spirals before they are unrolled