We received another fennel bulb and some beets in our organic box, and I thought it might be interesting to make a roasted vegetable salad.
I oven roasted the beets and the fennel individually after tossing them with coconut oil. The addition of some royal gala apple, a little lime juice, some sea salt, black pepper, and apple cider vinegar completed the dish. I think fresh parsley would have been a nice addition. I like the way the whole dish turned quite pink. Pretty.
1 fennel bulb, cut into slivers
1 lb of beets, diced
2 small royal gala apples, cut into eighths and sliced
2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
apple cider vinegar
preheat oven to 345
1. toss beets with coconut oil and a little sea salt, and place in a baking dish
2. toss fennel with coconut oil and a little sea salt, and place in a separate baking dish
3. oven roast beets and fennel until they are cooked to your liking (I did 1 hour, but there were other things in the oven at the same time so the cooking was slower)
4. toss the beets and fennel with the apple
5. add sea salt, black pepper, lime juice, and apple cider vinegar to taste
6. optionally serve on a bed of baby spinach
I know beets are good for you ... I'm just not a big fan. But I really like fennel and apple together. :)