This was my son's pick for ice cream flavour today. I do believe it may be our current favourite thanks to the creamy texture, and rich, luxurious flavour. Chocolate, but not overwhelming. Smooth, not bitter. Just right. A little bit of decadence in a bowl. Virtuous, but with all the forbidden seductiveness of Jessica Rabbit. If you are old enough to know who that is.
2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup coconut oil (3/4 cup)
1 cup dates (pitted or take the pits out)
1/2 cup coconut nectar
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup raw cacao
1 can coconut milk
1. combine the ingredients in a bowl not including the cacao and coconut milk, and allow to stand for a while to fully soften the dates
2. once the dates are soft, and the coconut oil is melted, use your hand blender to create a smooth concoction. If you have no hand blender, use your jar blender. If you have no jar blender, maybe this recipe is not for you.
3. once the mixture is fully incorporated and beautifully smooth, add the cacao and coconut milk, and blend again
4. allow to cool and then chill
5. freeze according to your ice cream freezer's manufacturers instructions.