1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil (organic and unrefined)
1 cup pitted honey dates
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup raw cacao
1 tbsp ground vanilla bean
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup shredded coconut, ground
1/4 cup ground flax
1/4 cup black sesame seeds, ground
1/4 cup white sesame seeds, ground
1/2 cup ground raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup ground chia seeds
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup finely ground pumpkin seeds
1. combine the hot water and dates, then puree with an immersion blender. Add the coconut oil and puree again. Finally, add the eggs, and process with the immersion blender until smooth.
2. stir in the raw cacao, vanilla bean, and sea salt. If you are nuts like me, you can add a little black pepper. This is a good time to stir in the baking soda.
3. I put all the pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, and sunflower seeds into a food processor to grind it up. I ground the chia seeds, flax seeds, and sesame seeds in a coffee grinder, and stirred them all into the date, egg, and cacao mixture.
4. when all the ingredients are fully incorporated, chill the dough thoroughly
5. roll small spoonfuls and place onto lined baking sheets
6. flatten with a wet fork and bake at 345 for 16 minutes
7. cool on a wire rack
8. store in an airtight container when cool
makes 4 dozen
These cookies will keep well for a couple weeks in the fridge