|don't fear the sacrificial pancake|
Zen and the art of pancake making.
1. Allow the pancake time to achieve greatness.
2. Share the pancakes with people you love.
3. Do not fear the sacrificial pancake.
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup almond flour
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup finely sliced green onion
1. whisk together water, eggs, salt, and pepper
2. add the almond flour and chia seeds
3. add baking soda
4a. add coconut flour
4b. add green onion
5. allow the batter to sit for at least 20 minutes
6. heat up your pan/ griddle/skillet etc after liberally coating with coconut oil
7. when the pan is up to temperature, scoop 1/4 cup of batter on to it, and tilt around and around to spread batter
8. set the timer for 1 or 2 minutes
9. flip with a spatula when the pancake is ready, and set the timer again for 1 or 2 minutes
10. remove the pancake to a plate and repeat until all the batter is gone.
11. keep the finished pancakes warm in the oven as you work.
12. do not fear the sacrificial pancake
13. think of the first person you smiled at today ...
Serve with the green onion pancake dipping sauce or a little tamari.
Sometimes I like to add things like a little sesame oil and a pinch of chili powder just to liven things up.